A day in the life and home of a child in an informal settlement.

 My name is  Luke ,I awake at six pm every day to go to  school .There was no food for breakfast so I had to go hungry.My school is 10km away from home.The ground is hard  and muddy . My shoes get wet and dirty so I have to clean them before I go into the school .I have little stationery at school so my mom got us children at home some stationery to share.The work we have to do at school is hard so. I have to do some of my work at home and it used to be dark so my dad got us Khaya power it is made of a 5 liter bottle.

For lunch I only eat bread and jam. School only ends at three so we have to still learn.I like math the best I am good at  maths. Whe also do English and it is not fun . I walk home with my friends and we play soccer on the way home .My dad saved up some money and got us a fireproof house it is called ikhaya .It is made of sand bags and the roof is so strong you can have another story on top.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A day I can never forget